Coconut oil is very popular and widely used for hair care. But its beauty benefits are not limited to hair only. The use of coconut oil can also give you beautiful skin that is flawless and wrinkle-free.
The antioxidants present in the coconut oil slow down aging process and its anti-fungal elements kill the acne bacteria and make your skin blemish-free. To get all these benefits for your skin and hair, you need to follow right coconut oil treatments.
Coconut oil is obtained from the kernel or the meat of coconuts. It contains several minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants that are very essential to keep your beauty and health alive.
Here we will talk about the coconut oil treatments for both skin and hair. By trying these treatments, you will be able to get rid of many skin and hair problems easily.
These treatments are natural and will give you a beautiful skin and gorgeous looking hair in no time.
Coconut Oil Treatments for Skin
Most of the products you try for your skin contain some amount of chemicals. Besides doing good, chances are that they will also do something bad to your skin.
In such situations, you can use coconut oil as a replacement to such products. Here are some coconut oil treatments for the skin that will moisturize and clear your skin.
Coconut Oil For Dry Skin
When your skin lacks moisture, it becomes dry. Dry skin leads to many other skin problems. Coconut oil can do something special to treat your dry skin.
- Take some coconut oil on your palms and apply it all over your body.
- Leave for few minutes and then take steamy shower.
- It will soften your skin as the warm water will help the oil to get absorbed easily deep into the skin tissues.
- You will not even need to apply any lotion or moisturizer after shower.
Causes of your dark circles could be many, but the solution is so simple. That is – Pure Virgin Coconut Oil.
Application of coconut oil for the dark circles removes all signs of dark circles and give you a clear and flawless face.
- Every night just before going to bed, rub few drops of coconut oil on dark circles.
- Massage it with fingertips in circular motion around the eyes.
- Leave for whole night and rinse in the morning.
Acne Coconut Oil Treatment
The anti-fungal properties of coconut oil help to get rid of acne. It kills the acne causing bacteria and opens the clogged pores.
- Take one tbsp of baking soda and mix it with coconut oil to form a paste.
- Apply this paste evenly on face leaving for 20-30 minutes.
- It will open clogged pores and heals the acne breakouts quite effectively.
- Do this on alternate days till you see the noticeable changes.
Anti-aging and Wrinkles
The vitamin E content of the coconut oil helps to get rid of fine lines, wrinkles and age spots.
- Aloe Vera gel – 2 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Mix all the ingredients well to get a uniform consistency.
- When you get a uniform solution, apply it on face as well as neck.
- Massage for few minutes with fingertips in circular motion and leave for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
- Do this thrice a week.
Also Read: 6 Key Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Hair
Coconut Oil Treatments for Hair
If you ask any hair expert “ What is best oil for hair?” The most probable answer would be “ Coconut oil”. It is because usually coconut oil is associated with hair care.
Coconut oil has many benefits for your hair. It penetrates deep into the hair shaft and improves hair growth.
Coconut oil can be used for hair care benefits in many ways. Here are some of the popular coconut oil treatments for hair.
Hot Oil Treatment
One of the best way to use coconut oil for hair is the hot oil treatment. It will nourish your hair, get rid of dryness and stimulate hair follicles for faster hair growth. Here is how hot oil treatment is performed.
- First get the 100% pure coconut oil according to your hair length. Preferably the extra virgin coconut oil as it contains full range of original nutrients.
- Now, warm this oil at low temperature for few minutes to make it lukewarm.
- Take the warm coconut oil on your palms and apply first on your scalp.
- Gently rub the oil at the hair roots with fingertips and massage for few minutes. It will improve blood circulation to the scalp.
- Now apply oil to the length of hair from roots to the tips.
- Massage thoroughly on tips in order to get rid of split ends.
- Tie your hair in a bun and wear shower cap. The warm effect will help the oil to penetrate deep into the roots.
- Leave for 2 hours and then rinse with mild shampoo.
- Do this once or twice a week for better results.
Note: For this treatment, you can also mix other oils with coconut oil in same ratio. The perfect oils for this would be Olive oil, almond oil, sesame oil, castor oil and jojoba oil.
Benefits: Hot oil treatment will get rid of dry hair, split ends, stops hair fall, improves hair growth and makes your hair soft and silky.
Conditioning with Coconut Oil
Coconut oil has the power to condition your hair well.
- For this, just after getting the shower,when your hair is damp
- Take some coconut oil on your palms and rub it in your hair.
- Apply it to the full length of hair, but not on the scalp.
- Make sure, you have applied little amount of oil so that your hair doesn’t look greasy all the day.
Coconut Oil Treatment for Dandruff
Since coconut oil is a moisturizing agent and contain anti-fungal properties, it is perfect ingredient to treat the dandruff problem.
- Get coconut oil and mix lemon juice with it.
- Apply it evenly on hair and scalp. Massage on hair roots and leave for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with mild shampoo.
- It will add shine to your hair and give you dandruff-free hair.
- Do this once a week for several weeks.
These are the topical treatments of coconut oil for hair and skin. Coconut oil is also consumed orally which benefits your full body.
Try to drink coconut water frequently and eat its meat. Incorporate coconut oil in your meals as it is very healthy for your body.