Moisturizing Treatments becomes very essential for you if your hair has gone dry and has lost its glory. Dry and lifeless hair tends to fall and develop split ends easily.
The moisturizing treatment nourishes the hair and gives it a new life. Such treatments improve the texture of dry hair and you find your hair smooth and silky.
Before we go into the details of treatments, it will be a good idea to look at the causes that have made your dry, dull and lifeless.
Causes Of Dry And Dull Hair
- Frequent Use of Hair Dryers
- Use of Harsh chemicals such as bleaching Products
- Irregular washing routines.
- Use of wrong shampoos and conditioners
- Exposure to Hard atmosphere
- Exposure to the sun
- Frequent hair coloring
- Lack of Vitamin and Mineral in your Body
- Combing wet Hair
- Lack of proper Hair Care
Above mentioned are some of the possible causes of your hair becoming dry and rough.
But nothing to worry about, because you can still get back the shin and luster in your hair with the help of Homemade hair moisturizing treatments.
With that saying, you will have to be very careful for the future. Avoid the above mentioned causes so that you may not face the same problem again and again.
So How to moisturize dry, dull and lifeless hair?
Your hair has turned so dry and rough. You are facing too many problems because of this. So what to do now?
The answer is to moisturize your hair well.
Yes, moisture is the only treatment that your dry and rough hair needs.
The gooood new for you is that you can perform moisturizing treatments easily at home. Neither You will need to buy any expensive products, nor you will need to visit any expensive salons for this.
With the help of easily available items in your kitchen and few inexpensive products like moisturizing shampoos and conditioners, you can perform such treatments easily at the comfort of your Home.
Also Read: 5 Best Natural Homemade Hair Relaxers
1. Simple At Home Spa Treatment For Dry And Dull Hair
At home spa treatment for dry hair is very easy. It will take your dry hair to the next level of beautiful and gorgeous looking hair.
To perform this simple spa treatment, you will need
- Moisturizing Shampoo
- Protein conditioner
- A plastic wrap
- A big Dry Towel
- A comb with long Teeth
- To start the treatment, first wash your head with the moisturizing shampoo thoroughly so that all the dirt and residue of the previously used products may get completely removed.
- Put the towel around your hair and leave for sometime to remove the excessive moisture.
- Now gently comb your hair from roots to the tips without breaking it.
- Apply the protein conditioner thoroughly on your hair. Make sure every inch of your each hair gets covered by this conditioner.
- Coat your hair with plastic wrap
- Take the towel and put it in boiling water two minutes. Take it out and remove the excessive water.
- When you see the towel is hot and able to be wrapped around your head, then cover your head with that hot towel.
- It will retain the warmth in head and let the protein conditioner get absorbed effectively.
- Leave for few hours and then rinse the way you like.
You will notice that hair has become so soft and its dry and dull texture has improved a lot.
2. Coconut Oil Treatments
Coconut oil is one of the best remedy you will ever find for the dry hair. Its a miraculous oil for dry, rough and damaged hair.
Nothing can moisturize your hair better than the coconut oil. Its an excellent nourishment treatment for the hair. Improves hair growth and controls hair fall.
There are several ways in which you can use coconut oil for hair care. But the best ones we will use here are the (1) simple coconut oil treatment and (2) Coconut oil + Sesame oil hot oil treatment.
Coconut Oil Simple Treatment.
- In this treatment, simply take some coconut oil on your palms and massage it on your hair as well as scalp for 10-15 minutes.
- Before you massage it, it is better to make the oil warm a bit. Hot oil penetrates deep into the roots, gets absorbed easily and improve blood circulation in the scalp.
- After massaging the head for 10-15 min, cover your head with shower cap and leave for few hours.
- You can perform this treatment even at the night leaving the oil for overnight period of time.
- In the morning, wash your head with mild shampoo.
Coconut Oil And Sesame Oil Hot Oil Treatment
This treatment is very similar to the above simple coconut treatment, except the addition of sesame oil in same quantity. Sesame oil is so good for hair growth.
When you add sesame oil to coconut oil, the benefits of the treatment increase.
- Take both the oils in same quantity and heat them at low temperature. When it become lukewarm, apply it in the similar fashion explained above.
Both the treatments are good and very effective in treating dry hair and enhance hair growth.
Also Read: 6 Home Remedies to Brighten Up Dull Hair
3. Olive Oil And Honey Hair Pack
The combination of olive oil and honey is very popular for skin care recipes specially for treating acne and blackheads.
This combination isn’t working well only for skin, but for hair too. When combined, both ingredients work very well and are capable to solve many skin and hair related problems.
- For hair moisturizing treatment, take two tbsp of olive and one tbsp of Honey.
- Mix both the ingredients very well to get uniform consistency. When the mixture is ready, apply it over your hair evenly specially focusing on the ends.
- After application, tie your hair in a bun and cover it with shower cap.
- Leave for 30 minutes and then wash off with mild shampoo.
It will moisturize your hair making it smooth and silky.
4. Egg Yolk And Yogurt Moisturizing Treatment
This is another best hair pack for moisturizing dry and lifeless hair. It is easy to make and completely natural. Very effective in softening your hair.
To make this moisturizing treatment, you will Need
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp almond oil
- To start, 1st beat the egg yolk and then add all the ingredients in it.
- the solution well so you get a thick substance.
- Apply on the scalp and then cover all your hair with the layer of this pack.
- Now cover your head with shower cap and leave for an hour.
- Wash off with mild shampoo.
5. Egg And Mayonnaise Hair Pack Treatment
To make this treatment, you will again need four important ingredients. This pack is as effective as the treatments discussed above.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 vitamin E capsules
- Get all the ingredient together and blend them well with the help of blender.
- When the mixture is ready, apply it thoroughly on your head.
- Wear shower cap and leave for half an hour
- Wash off with mild or baby shampoo.
All the treatments explained above are moisturizing and ideal for treating dry and lifeless hair.
You can use these treatment once or twice a week for best results. They all are natural , so there are very less chances of side effects.
If you are using these treatments and got the desired results, don’t forget to give your feedback in the comments bellow 🙂