Having a speedy hair growth is the dream of every girl. Long and healthy hair add a lot to the beauty of a woman.
But unfortunately, these days most of the people are suffering from poor hair growth and thinning of hair.
Healthy and beautiful hair require lots of care and proper nourishment both externally and internally.
You need to have a healthy lifestyle and avoid using products that are loaded with harmful chemicals.
Apart from this, you can get benefits from the natural properties of natural ingredients.
One of such ingredients is the “Lemon”.
Lemon is a citrus fruit that is loaded with vitamin C. Apart from vitamin C, it also contains magnesium and calcium. All these nutrients are essential for the healthy and strong hair.
When applied, lemon juice strengthens the hair follicles, improves hair growth and makes your hair look gorgeous and shiny.
Due to its properties, lemon juice also treats the scalp problems like dandruff and head lice.
How to apply lemon juice for hair growth
Lemon juice is applied for hair care in many ways. The simplest method is to use lemon juice alone. In other methods, lemon can be mixed with different ingredients like hair oils and hair masks.
Here are the 5 most effective applications of lemon juice for hair.
With Coconut Oil
Coconut oil penetrates deep into hair roots and nourishes them deeply. Lemon and coconut oil combination will improve hair growth and treats dandruff.
- 2 parts of Coconut Oil
- 1 Part of Lemon juice.
- Take coconut oil and lemon juice in the ratio of 2:1 respectively.
- Mix them well and massage in your hair and scalp.
- Massage with fingertips deep into the hair roots.
- Leave for 30 minutes and rinse with normal water and shampoo next day.
- Repeat twice a week.
With Henna and Yogurt
This pack will nourish your hair by deep conditioning as henna and yogurt work great as natural hair conditioners.
- ½ cup Henna
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon.
- Take all the ingredients and mix them well to make a thick paste.
- Apply the paste evenly on hair as well as scalp.
- Wear shower cap and leave for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with shampoo.
With Curry leaves and Coconut Oil
Curry leaves and coconut oil make a very powerful toner that has many benefits for your hair. It moisturizes the scalp well and helps to thickening of hair.
- Few curry leaves
- ½ cup coconut oil
- Juice of a lemon
- Boil curry leaves in coconut oil for 10 minutes.
- Take the oil off the stove and strain the boiled mixture.
- Now add the juice of a lemon in it and mix well again.
- Massage the mixture on hair specially focusing on hair roots.
- Wear shower cap and leave for an hour.
- Rinse with shampoo and Repeat once a week.
With Castor Oil and Olive Oil
The combination of castor oil and olive is already very popular for hair growth. But, it becomes even more powerful when you add lemon juice to it. It will help to give your relief from itchiness and dandruff too.
- 2 tbsp Castor Oil
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Mix the required amount of castor oil and olive oil and make it warm.
- When the oil mixture becomes lukewarm, add the lemon juice.
- Now massage this warm mixture thoroughly on your head and wear shower cap.
- Leave for an hour and rinse with shampoo.
- Repeat twice a week.
With Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is antibacterial and antiseptic in nature which moisturizes the scalp and helps to stop hair fall caused by scalp infections. It’s widely used for hair care benefits. Here is how you can use it with lemon juice.
- 2 tbsp Aloe Vera
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Cut the aloe leave to take out its gel and squeeze the juice of a fresh lemon.
- Mix one tbsp of lemon juice and two tbsp of fresh aloe vera gel.
- Apply this mixture well on hair and scalp leaving for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with shampoo and repeat once a week,
- It will improve hair growth, reduce dandruff and makes your hair shiny and beautiful.
Lemon juice is acidic so be careful when applying. You have to see if it suits you. Apply it once and see how it responds to your hair.
If you feel comfortable, then keep using and you will begin to see its benefits for hair.